Mission, Vision & Core Values
“Inviting and Encouraging People to Become All That God Wants Them To Be”
-St. Andrew’s Mission Statement
Adopted February 2001
Addendum to Mission Statement – February 2015
– As an evangelical ministry; we seek to lead people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as Saviour and Lord.
– As a ministry inspired and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we depend on His work to fulfill God’s calling.
Reaching out to others
As people are drawn to our church, we will welcome them as a part of the family and ensure they can take advantage of all that we offer. We will extend our reach into the world through support of mission projects.
Each Sunday and at other times through the year, we will all gather to celebrate our faith and give thanks for the blessings that God has poured down on us.
Supporting our people
We will demonstrate our care for our people through pastoral care, prayer and celebration of events in each of our lives. We will offer families regular opportunities to gather and learn as a family.
Growing our people
We will offer programs for all ages, children to adults, that inspire and stretch each one of us to become all that God wants us to be. We will offer special opportunities for our leaders to develop skills that will help direct our efforts.
Building on solid foundations
We will organize our resources to effectively support our efforts. We will keep our people informed as we grow and change.
In the pursuit of our stated mission, our congregation established the following core values to help guide our lives as individuals and our life as a congregation.
- We are inspired by Jesus Christ to reach out to others through our personal invitation, collective activity and gracious sharing of our faith. (Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 15; John 1:43-51; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe in building strong relationships which nurture wholeness and belonging through one-on-one interaction and small groups. (John 13:34-35; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 13: Luke 1:17; Hebrews 10:25)
- We seek to reach people early, help them grow spiritually throughout their lives to become the whole person God wants them to be. (Ephesians 4:12b-15; Philippians 1:6; Colossians 2:6-7; 1 Timothy 4:12; Proverbs 22:6)
- We believe that through prayer, worship and service we acknowledge that God is the center of all we do. (Psalm 150; John 4:23-24; Philippians 4:6-7; Ephesians 6:7)
- We believe that all preaching and teaching should be Biblically-based, meet the needs of people and be understood and applied to daily life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:23-25)
- We challenge followers of Christ to a life of authenticity, integrity and growth. (Ephesians 4:20-25; Colossians 3:5-10; Hebrews 12:1-3)
- We believe that we are called to strive for excellence that honours God in all aspects of our lives. (Malachi 1:6-14; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:17)
- We believe that God calls followers of Christ to discover their S.H.A.P.E. (spiritual gifts, heart/passion, abilities, personality traits, experience) and to serve accordingly. (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12: Ephesians 4:7, 11-13; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- We believe that leadership responsibility should be entrusted to those who have the appropriate gifts and seek to live their lives according to Biblical principles. We will support our leaders by offering them opportunities for growth. (Acts 6:2-5; Romans 12:8; 1 Timothy 4:11-16; Philippians 3:12-16; 1 Timothy 5:17-18)
- We are called to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us and to acquire the resources needed to support God’s work. (Matthew 25:14-30; Exodus 35:4-36:7)
- We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in Canada enriched by a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives united in our common faith. (Psalm 133:1; 1 Corinthians 9:20-23; Romans 15:7; Philippians 2:1-11)